|Sheriff Roger Fisher|
ABOUT THE SHERIFF:
Roger Fisher is a lifelong resident of Kossuth County. In 1987, he was hired as a Deputy Sheriff and received his certification through the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy. Throughout his career he founded and taught the Kossuth County D.A.R.E. program for 21 years. He has been recognized as an “Officer of the Year” through the State DARE Officers Association, a recipient of the U.S. Attorney’s Office “Enrique Camarena Award”, as well as an “Outstanding Young Iowan” through the State of Iowa. Serving the public has been a priority in Roger’s life for the past 34 years. He was elected Sheriff in November of 2020 and leads a staff of 25 employees. Sheriff Fisher has served on a school board, two state law enforcement boards, numerous local committees, officiates MS and HS basketball, and enjoys playing golf and spending time with his family.
The Kossuth County Sheriff’s Office will strive to serve the communities of Kossuth County with professionalism and integrity. Our goal is to build a mutual relationship of trust and respect with the citizens we serve and protect.
The Kossuth County Sheriff’s Office is responsible for the law enforcement duties within all of Kossuth County, including:
- Patrol duties and enforcement of State of Iowa laws and municipal or county ordinances.
- Duties related to the civil process including but not limited to original notices and petitions, garnishments, sheriff sales, protective and restraining orders, subpoenas, court orders, and serving warrants.
- Control of the Kossuth County Jail and custody of persons committed to the jail, both pre-trail and sentenced detainees that are arrested or placed in our facility by the courts.
- Maintain the sex offender registry and investigate violations.
- Issue and keep records of weapon permits.
- Respond to emergency calls, conduct criminal investigations, coordinate mutual aid agreements with other jurisdictions, and any other duties listed in sections 331.651 thru 331.661 of the Code of Iowa.
The headings below (& in the Department Quick Links in the top right corner of the page) provide links to access more information about the following:
- Processing & Serving Civil Papers
- Sheriff's Notices
- Sex Offender Registry
- Eviction Process
- Weapon Permits
- Sheriff's Office Administration
- Victim Notification (VINE)
- Public Fingerprinting
- Scheduled Jail Time (Mittimus)
- Room & Board Fees
- Payment Plans
- Inmate Mail
- Commissary Funds
- Telephone Use
- Inmate Visitation
- Appearance In Magistrate Court
- Posting Bonds
- Inmate Personal Property